To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
SCIENTIST III: SFD Permits Coordinator - TO 3251
Ocean Associates, Inc. is seeking a qualified person to fill a Scientist III position, with education and experience in federal policies and regulations in the fisheries arena to support the NOAA Sustainable Fisheries Division (SFD) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southwest Regional Office in Long Beach, California. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species.
Specific tasks to be performed by the incumbent include the following;
- Serve as the SFD Permits Coordinator and coordinate permitting with other Regions. Provide necessary data reports and information on permits-related data.
- Monitor and assist with tuna importation documentation and compliance. Assist in handling import documentation, data entry and correspondence
- Help ensure compliance by monitoring and reporting on U.S. tuna fishing and activity. Provide support for government and industry constituents on tuna fishing regulatory requirements and activities.
- Collaborate with and support staff in the NMFS Southwest Region on matters of importance and provide and distribute information to co-workers, including traveling, attending meetings, trainings and briefings.
Minimum experience or background requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of experience; Master’s Degree and three (3) years experience; or Ph.D and one (1) year of experience in fisheries, oceanography, natural science, social sciences or hydrology.
- The work requires experience with Microsoft Suite and the management and coordination of fisheries data and databases.
- Familiarity with the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act and other applicable environmental laws such as the Endangered Species Act, the Marine Mammal Protection Act and the National Environmental Policy Act.
This is a full-time, short duration position of approximately 11 weeks, beginning on May 7, 2013 and ending no later than September 30, 2013, depending on the rate of manhour expenditure. The salary is $25.41/hr, and minimal travel is anticipated under this task order.
The place of performance is at the SFD Southwest Regional Office, 501 W. Ocean Blvd., Suite 4200, Long Beach, CA 90802.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. Please submit resume that must include the following:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements.
This page last updated April 29, 2013